With acupuncture, I can help women conceive by:
- Improving the function of the ovaries to produce higher quality eggs
- Increasing blood flow to the uterus and increasing the thickness of the uterine lining
- Treating uterine fibroids, cysts, or polyps that may prevent or impede conception
- Strengthening the immune system and increasing energy
- Relaxation and stress management
- Miscarriage prevention
Acupuncture can also treat male fertility issues by:
- Improving sperm count
- Improving sperm motility and morphology
- Reducing sperm DNA fragmentation
My Comprehensive Treatment Plan for Fertility
Acupuncturists have been treating fertility issues for centuries and I am a proud part of this long tradition. With ancient wisdom, I can shed light of very contemporary health concerns. Whether you are just beginning to think about having a family, have been struggling with infertility, or are embarking down the path of assisted reproductive techniques such as IVF and IUI, acupuncture for fertility can help you at every stage of your pregnancy — from conception to delivery and postpartum care.
Our first step is to create a healthy, regular, and pain-free menstrual cycle. Through regulating the cycle, acupuncture will:
- Improve ovarian function and egg quality
- Correct hormonal imbalances
- Create optimal conditions for the fertilized egg to attach to the walls of the uterus
- Instate smooth blood flow to the uterus
Of course, acupuncture won’t just improve your menstrual cycle — you’ll quickly notice your digestion and energy levels improving. Your immunity will increase and your stress will melt away. The side effects of your fertility treatment will be a healthy body, a quiet mind, and a better quality of life.
Herbal medicine can treat some of the most common causes of infertility: uterine fibroids, polyps, PCOS, and the like. Chinese herbs are able to profoundly regulate hormone levels, often lowering FSH levels and increasing progesterone levels naturally. Unlike Western treatments that treat these imbalances with false suppression and supplementation, Chinese herbs help your body regulate itself.
The result is a healthier pregnancy and better postpartum health.
Infertility Issue I Treat
- irregular periods
- amenorrhea (lack of menstruation)
- anovulation (lack of ovulation or irregular ovulation)
- thin endometrial lining
- poor egg quality
- tube defects
- PCOS (Polycyctic ovarian syndrome)
- fibrocystic breasts
- early menopause
- frequent miscarriage
- luteal phase defects
- low sperm count
- poor morphology
- poor motility
If you have any specific questions about how acupuncture can help you please give me a call. I always make myself available for complimentary phone consultations and will honestly assess whether I think acupuncture is right for you.