Below is a list of sites of general interest about the field of acupuncture as well as links to published research studies. This area of the site will be updated regularly so be sure and check back often.
General Information about the Field of Acupuncture:
- National Institute of Health (NIH): Consensus Statement on the efficacy of Acupuncture. Once on the NIH website, go to the Research section to find out about ongoing acupuncture studies or studies currently in recruitment.
- World Health Organization (WHO):An extensive list of conditions treated by acupuncture as well as information about the safety of acupuncture as well as ongoing research.
- Web MD: Provides research information, links to support groups, and reference material about many health concerns.
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM): an excellent source for research on acupuncture and reproductive medicine
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM): A non-profit organization dedicated to establishing and upholding standards of competence and safety in acupuncture and Oriental medicine for the public.
Articles and Research Studies
Infertility & Pregnancy:
- The Ancient Art of Infertility Treatment
- Acupuncture Can Aid Ovulation
- Acupuncture May Improve Sperm Quality
- Acupuncture to Increase Blood Flow to uterine arteries of infertile women
- Substitution of Acupuncture for HCG in Ovulation Induction
- Role of acupuncture in the treatment of female infertility
Acupuncture and Assisted Reproductive Therapy
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine: Tons of great articles relating to acupuncture in the treatment of both general infertility and in vitro fertilization.
- Pregnancy Low Back Pain
- Managing morning sickness
- Doulas of North America (DONA): Evidence-based research on the benefits of doulas as well as information on how to find or become a doula. A resource for high quality reading material for expecting mothers, their partners, and families.
- Childbirth Connection: A not-for-profit organization that uses the best research about the safety and effectiveness of specific tests, treatments, and interventions in order to empower mothers and their families to make informed decisions about labor and childcare.
Health & Wellness
- Encore Physical Therapy: Dance & Orthopedic PT: Mark Hall: 917-885-7837
- Pamela Morrison Physical Therapy: Specialist in Women’s Health, Pelvic Pain, & Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.
- Kamwo Herbal Pharmacy: The largest Chinese herbal pharmacy on the East Coast.
- LifeBooker: Online booking for health and beauty services.
- Insider Pages: Another great site for reviews on restaurants, doctors, dentists, spas, and more.
- Organic Consumers Association: A number of great resources for living a greener life
- Park Slope Parents: A great blog with tips and resources for Park Slope families.
- LocalHometown.com: Find tons of services near you.
- Mesothelioma disease: An up-to-date resource for all types of Mesothelioma cancers and issues ranging from mesothelioma diagnosis to Mesothelioma treatment options.